Organizations that are awarded a Science on Screen grant must agree to the following requirements:
- Your organization must produce a minimum of three Science on Screen ('SoS') events during the course of the grant period (current season: October 1, 2017–July 13, 2018, upcoming season: October 1, 2018–July 12, 2019).
- One of these films shown must be an Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Festival award recipient or a film developed by Sloan through its film development pipeline. Full list here.
- As noted in the application guidelines, grant recipients are required to professionally videotape three Science on Screen presentations and delivered to the Coolidge via thumb drive or Dropbox for use on SoS-related media sites.
- Please ensure that your speakers for these three screenings sign a release form (a sample form will be sent as an attachment to your grant notification e-mail). You will be asked to submit your release forms and edited footage along with your final report.
- A final evaluation report (narrative and budget) is a condition of this grant. The (postmark-by) deadline for this report is July 13, 2018 for current grantees and will be July 12, 2019 for 2018–19 grantees. We will send report guidelines prior to the date. Please note that an interim report is NOT required.
- This program must be referred to as Science on Screen®. The “®” [registered trademark] symbol need not appear everywhere; as a general guideline, in each marketing piece, you should use the symbol with either the first use or the most prominent use of the mark.
- You will be provided with an official Science on Screen logo, which must be used on all promotional materials (print and online).
- You must acknowledge the Coolidge Corner Theatre and Alfred P. Sloan Foundation on all marketing materials using the following language: An initiative of the COOLIDGE CORNER THEATRE, with major support from the ALFRED P. SLOAN FOUNDATION.
- Our National Evening of Science on Screen® garners significant media attention for participating cinemas. Participation in this event is encouraged but not mandatory.